Support Worker (Dementia Care)
To meet the day to day individual needs of each client, whilst acknowledging their privacy, dignity, and promoting their independence and self -esteem.
To maintain a healthy and safe environment and achieve the highest standards of care at all times.
To assist in transporting and supporting people with dementia to attend activities.
- To respect the dignity and privacy of each client and to promote their self-esteem/confidence.
- To assist clients with their mobility problems and other mental or physical disabilities such as cognition, continence, assistance in the care and use of aids and any special equipment.
- To assist and promote acceptable standards of personal hygiene in as unobtrusive manner as is possible, whilst engaged in activities such as using the toilet, washing hands, eating.
- To encourage and promote clients to maintain and achieve their full potential/independence, through the use of minimal support/supervision and in recognition of their own abilities.
- To provide mental and physical activities within the home, through engagements in activities dependent on client needs and abilities such as reminiscence, hobbies, recreation and other forms of cognitive stimulation.
- To carry out any domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, laundry and shopping.
- To be aware of each clients care profile, including life story, and promote and maintain individual care plan recommendations.
- To help clients access community inclusion and/or attend activity sessions arranged by the company.
- To record accurately in all documentation.
- To assist with the administration of medicine.
- To have use of own vehicle as well as being able to use company vehicles, including a preference to drive a minibus when required.
- We require flexible people to meet the needs of individuals and the service
To inform a senior member of staff on any structural or equipment defect, and report any incidents/accidents.
To ensure and maintain a safe working environment in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations.
|Education, Qualification & Training||
|Skills & Abilities||
|Knowledge & Understanding||
How To Apply For A Position A Peggy's
- Note the Job Title of the role that you want to apply for.
- Download and complete the attached Application Form.
- Contact us either on the phone of via our contact form to being your application process.
If you would like to work with us, for us, to provide holistic care and support for families living with dementia, older age and/or frailty, and also rehabilitation care short term (up to 8 weeks), then please get in touch.
Our home care agency provides for people living in the Scunthorpe (North Lincolnshire), Gainsborough (West Lindsey) and villages, and staff will require the ability to drive and have access to their own vehicle.
Our aim is to provide a flexible working pattern which will include home care and also providing support to the day services as well as evening and night time support for people within Cherry Grove usually, however, if one area suits you please speak directly to us.